1. In a large container dissolve the two tablespoons of coarse salt in enough water (at least 2 liters).
2. Cut the eggplant into approximately 1.5 cm wide slices and soak them in the salty water for 30 minutes.
3. Finely chop the garlic and parsley and mix them with the whisked eggs and a little salt.
4. For a great crumb coating first you have to dry the eggplant slices and dredge them in flour, then dip them in the egg mixture and finally press them on the breadcrumbs. If you follow this order of ingredients the result will be perfect and crunchy.
5. Fry the breaded slices in hot oil. It’s important that you make sure the oil is very hot, otherwise the eggplant will absorb it and the result will be a greasy mess. If you don’t want to fry them you can bake them, this alternative is very tasty.
6. In a bowl, mix the plain yogurt, lime zest, juice of half a lime, and olive oil. Season to taste.
7. Serve the eggplant schnitzel with the yogurt on the side.
Keywords: eggplant breaded, EGGPLANT SCHNITZEL