¿Ya descargaste la revista de este mes? En esta publicación te comparto todos los secretos para empezar el año de manera saludable, en equilibrio y comiendo delicioso. La revista es Gratis descárgala aquí.
Eggplant schnitzel is a must at home. It’s that type of dish that gets me out of a tight spot when there’s no time to cook, in just 15 minutes lunch is served. In addition, it’s a spectacular recipe for meatless Mondays.
This recipe was conceived as an alternative to breaded veal cutlets by using eggplant instead. The first step is to prepare the eggplant in order to reduce its bitterness. To do this, you simply have to cut it into approximately 1.5 cm wide slices and soak them in salted water until the liquid turns slightly brown (more or less 30 minutes), then you just have to strain and rinse them.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section, I love reading them.Print
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: –
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 30 g parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- All-purpose flour (as necessary)
- Breadcrumbs (as necessary)
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime (plus its zest)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a large container dissolve the two tablespoons of coarse salt in enough water (at least 2 liters).
2. Cut the eggplant into approximately 1.5 cm wide slices and soak them in the salty water for 30 minutes.
3. Finely chop the garlic and parsley and mix them with the whisked eggs and a little salt.
4. For a great crumb coating first you have to dry the eggplant slices and dredge them in flour, then dip them in the egg mixture and finally press them on the breadcrumbs. If you follow this order of ingredients the result will be perfect and crunchy.
5. Fry the breaded slices in hot oil. It’s important that you make sure the oil is very hot, otherwise the eggplant will absorb it and the result will be a greasy mess. If you don’t want to fry them you can bake them, this alternative is very tasty.
6. In a bowl, mix the plain yogurt, lime zest, juice of half a lime, and olive oil. Season to taste.
7. Serve the eggplant schnitzel with the yogurt on the side.
Keywords: eggplant breaded, EGGPLANT SCHNITZEL
- Garlic clove: garlic powder or shallot
- Parsley: coriander, rosemary, oregano or thyme
- All-purpose flour: whole wheat flour, coconut flour, oatmeal flour or almond flour
- Breadcrumbs: ground oats or polenta
- Eggplant: zucchini